sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

2008 Chrysler Aspen is vehicle I have. The passenger reading

Customer Question

2008 Chrysler Aspen is vehicle I have. The passenger reading lamp will not turn off any suggestions?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: No the light stays illuminated continuously, typically by tapping it it shuts off. This does not work any longer.
JA: What else is going on?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the map light won't shut off it is because of a failed switch. Depending on exact vehicle options this will require replacement of either the overhead console or the reading lamp assembly.Do you have the VIN?