Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

The park assist system is activated on my dodge

Customer Question

***** *****. The park assist system is activated on my dodge caravan 2014. Kinda hard to drive with it on :)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. It's a rental. It was parked most of the day. I drove it about 5 pm. No problem. I got in it to go to my hotel and the brake indicator was on and the message said: park assist system on. The parking brake is off. I wiped the rear bumper to make sure the sensors were clean.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If a service park assist textual message appears in the EVIC display, be certain to confirm the following: The parking brake is not applied. The rear bumper is free of ice, snow, mud or other obstructions that will prevent the system from operating properly. The park assist system is self correcting, please verify that the area of the rear bumper where the sensors are located is not blocked by ice, snow, mud or other obstructions. If the area is blocked, remove the blockage, shift the transmission selector lever into reverse and verify the message is no longer present in the EVIC display. The system may also be corrected when the vehicle is driven at a speed greater than 14 kph (8 mph).