Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

2004 Pt Cruiser code P0202-P0302 The motor is missing very

Customer Question

2004 Pt Cruiser code P0202-P0302 The motor is missing very badly. The next code is saying Map Censor reading high
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hello I'd 1st check the wiring and connection to the Map sensor it is located on the inlet manifold ( see image) if the wiring is OK then replace the sensor with new as they're not expensive
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you know what the code means when it says #2 injector circuit open?
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
hello the P202 code means there's an issue with the cylinder no.2 wiring. either shorted out or the injector itself has an internal fault I'd start by checking over the condition of injector wiring for damage and corroded connections 1st and then use a meter to measure resistance across the injector terminals as they should be between 12 to 16ohms
Expert:  Matt replied 6 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you