mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

My 2004 PT crusier horn is sounding sad. It honks but not

Customer Question

My 2004 PT crusier horn is sounding sad. It honks but not loud. I have had so much work on this beast, I do have an old man friend(ex-mechanic) that could help me but where would he start on my touring model
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: think the locking system doesn't sound as strong and loud?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chrysler Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no, just want to avoid taking to shop again!! it only has 87k on it thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
JA: Waiting to talk to the expert reminds me of the time I talked to an expert when I had problems with my new cats. My three cats all came from a rescue mission and were scrawny scared little creatures when I got them. Who could ever be mean to a cat?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.

is your only concern the sound of the vehicle horn?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
have a mechanic friend that could help me for free if i know where to start for horn that sounds low
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
oh first couple hits on horn, it doesn't always sound
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
did you answer my question

sounds like the clockspring or spiral cable behind steering wheel is going out. you would need to remove the steering wheel to access this part. this includes removing the airbag which i recommend having a local garage take care of so as to not set off the air bag. your horn circuit has to go through this spiral cable and because of the constant movement it is very common for them to go bad. this is were i would start.

if he is capable of removing the airbag and testing i can help u further but airbags are dangerous and expensive. this is why i recommend having a shop mess with it. if they set it off they have to pay for it.

if you have no further questions i would appreciate a rating as this is how i am credited by the site.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you...I hate this car..Have a great day cheri

i am sorry for your troubles with this vehicle although all vehicles have spiral cables now and all have the same issue. just a friendly reminder to leave me a positive review as i am not paid until you do so. you have already paid the site and they pay us from that only after you leave a star rating. so it would defintly be appreciated.

just a friendly reminder i would appreciate if you would leave me a rating as i am paid from your deposit after you rate me.