Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer. There was smoke coming

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer. There was smoke coming from beneath the hood on the right side...I thought it had ran hot. I saw this a few minutes after I parked, not while driving. I later found out that the dipstick wasn't completely in the transmission and had to put 2 quarts of fluid in it. The next day it started revving after changing out of second gear. Could this be the shift solenoid or should I replace the transmission?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was driving find, no issues then there was smoke which looked like steam coming from where the dipstick was... fluid level was fine in the radiator. Transmission fluid was low...2 quarts and now when I pull off it idles or revs up in 2nd gear at about 30 mph.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** it stuck in 2nd gear? Is the check engine light on? Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sir, I requested a phone call and I've already paid for an answer....you indicated $28 and initially, I was told $16.
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

I myself have nothing to do with pricing. From what I can see it looks like you will only be charged $16 as of now but if I make call then it add's another $12. Is it stuck in 2nd gear? Is the check engine light on? I can call you but like I said, charge will then be $28. Thanks.