Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

My issue is regarding a 2001 pt cruiser in a no start no

Customer Question

My issue is regarding a 2001 pt cruiser in a no start no crank condition
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The security light is on solid and when you twist the key nothing happens (like during a vtss lockout) However the fp/asd fuse is also blown and when I replaced it, it acted like it would turn over then the same fuse popped and it returned to the first condition (no start no crank)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Something in that ASD circuit is shorted to ground. The items that are powered by the ASD are: 1 alternator field, 2 injectors, 3 ignition coil, and 4 the O2 sensor heaters. Check the wiring at the )2 sensors. I have seen it short on brackets or exhaust manifolds. Check the wiring at the injector and coil harnerss. lastly, disconnect the alternator field connector and see if that keeps the fuse from blowing. if so, replace the alternator. Let me know what you find.

Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hello, how is it going with the PT Cruiser? Did you check the things I mentioned?

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!