Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2006 300 limited,3.5 v-6, One ebrake on left rear

Customer Question

Hi Chris, I have a 2006 300 limited,3.5 v-6, One ebrake on left rear does not hold. I remove the rotor and lubed up the shoe rub points. Operated the ebrake peddle and the bottom shoe seems to move. Put the rotor back on and adjusted the shoes out till rotor did not turn and backed it off till it turned with a little resistance. I put the wheel on and operated the ebrake. The right wheel would not move but the left one would. When I relest the ebrake all wheels would turn, but the ebrake pedal did not come all the way back to put the ebrake lite out.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I park the car on an incline and put the e brake on it will not hold the car there in neutral. It did at one point but now it will not. If you have something in mind you will have to ask so I can give you more info
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this model uses the e brake cable attachment from the e brake assembly to the brakes inspect the cable for any damage or corrosion.I have seen worn and damaged or corroded cables cause this type of fault here in the past before and had to replace it for this issue.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Pete, I should tell you that I am a retired Master Tech for Detroit Diesel. I think what I am looking for is how the ebrake system is laid out in my car. Like were does the ebrake go from the pedel system to were it goes from the one cable to 2 cables and if there are any adjustments that can be made. If so were in the car are they. Yes I do agree , unless you can see it, It is hard to help someone out. The cable in question seems to move in and out at the shoes were it attaches to. I can make everything there move buy hand. I can make the cable move in and out by hand so this is why I think it is ok. What I do not know is how much does the shoes supposed to move when I operate the ebrake pedal. All I am getting is about 1/16 th to 1/8 movement of only the bottom shoe. Does this help you out any. Thk's, Dereck
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not have this info myself here on this model.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete