sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have what I believe is an overheating issue due to a dash

Customer Question

Hello... I have what I believe is an overheating issue due to a dash swap.
2005 300C.
Got the car used from an independent dealer out of South Carolina.
I'm pretty sure the dash has been changed because the milage doesn't match the oil change sticker on the window.
Temp gauge is inop. Fuel gauge is not working correctly. Neither electric cooling fan comes on. Friend reccomends having the dealer flash the body control module for 125$ but says it's a 50/50 chance of working.
Thoughts, ideas or recommendations ??
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There isn't a flash for an overheating problem; your car doesn't have a body control module.

If the cooling fans aren't working then it's going to overheat at idle or low speeds when there isn't enough natural airflow over the radiator to cool it. If these are the only conditions when it overheats then repairing the fan issue will take care of it. Otherwise you have more than one issue going on, but the fans need to be repaired regardless.

You could have a blown fuse, failed fan motors, wiring or relay issues. The most common issue would be a blown fuse caused by a failing fan motor. Have fuses been checked?