Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

CODE P1695 THE CAR DOSNT START JUST CRANKS

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** year, model, make, and engine size of vehicle? Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
97 caravan 3.3
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

This is a common problem caused by a failed instrument cluster. Check the voltage on the Chrysler Collision Detection (CCD) bus wires at pins 3 and 11 of the Data Link Connector (DLC). Each pin should read about 2.5 volts. If higher than 3 volts, remove fuse 28 (labeled memory) in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) and fuse 2 (labeled gauges) in the junction block. If the bus voltage comes down to about 2.5 volts, check for a bad circuit board in the instrument cluster. Re-install the fuses from step 2 and remove the cluster to determine if the voltage on the bus wires drops to about 2.5 volts. If yes, the cluster circuit board has failed. This would cost around $400 to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok i will test in the am and get back to you thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Sounds good, I'll talk to you then. Have a good evening!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry for delay ordered a used cluster installed i have 2.5 on both pins now still no start where should I look next
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

This code sets when the PCM detected a failure to communicate with the BCM over the CCD data bus for 30 seconds. If voltage is correct then that would either mean PCM or BCM has failed. The body control module is more common of the two. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok if I replace the bcm any programming issues I should know about
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

The body control module on this vehicle should not need to be programmed. Let me know how it goes, thanks.