sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have sadfasdfasdf, 01 pt cruiser no power wont start when

Customer Question

i have sadfasdfasdf
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 01 pt cruiser no power wont start when i turn key i have nothing my head lamps work but nothing else works
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new battery i check fuses n they all show good, changed starter relay n still nothing
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: the problem aint wit the batttery the battery is brand new
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could prevent the starter from engaging but it appears the car is electrically dead except for the headlamps. If that's the case, the battery is good and fuses have been checked then the most likely cause would be the ignition switch or a broken ignition switch actuator pin, which goes between the lock cylinder and ignition switch.

Nothing whatsoever comes on when the key is turned to the run position?