rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2012 300 limited It will not take a charge or even

Customer Question

I have a 2012 300 limited
It will not take a charge or even turn over
Is it possibly the engine start button?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
If it won't take a charge, then the battery is shorted. You need a new one.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not the battery
Because it was tested. Actually, it has since decided to simply start.
I was able to drive to a local autozone and have the little thingy connected to it....
Says that lost communication to TMC and misfire
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

My repyl to you is based on what you told me. What is a "little thingy"?

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Haaa, lol. Sorry about thatIt can connected to a machine that tests for problems
I had a code that said random misfire and lost communications with body control module and list communications with TMC
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Okay, then you have a BUS line issue that needs to be tested with the scan tool in bi-directional mode to see where to go next. It could be a simple bad connection on the BUS line between the 2 nodes.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep our link in case you need me again later on.