Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

I am having troublr with my Chrysler Pacifica

Customer Question

Hello. I am having troublr with my Chrysler Pacifica
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It initially started with it having a problem disengaging from Park gear. But you could still pull key out. Afterwards the key got stuck in ignition lock. I already replaced the intelock lever.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The most common cause for the type of problem you are having on your Pacifica is in most cases caused by a failed bad shift interlock cable. When the cable fails it will not allow the shifter to click into park and this will keep the ignition from turning completely off causing the key to stick. Try wiggling the shifter and see if it will go into park and if so you need to replace the cable.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How would i go about replacing the cable? What would be the steps necessary to take?
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

What year is your Pacifica and ill see if I can get you the steps?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a 2006 Pacifca Touring
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

See the replacement steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you know if that part is dealer specific. And also is there a good way to test if i buy a new cable and compare it to the old one that the original actually went bad?
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Yes its going to be a dealer item.