Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My 2008 pt ceuiser engine light came on we are on our way to

Customer Question

My 2008 pt ceuiser engine light came on we are on our way to Houston
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: we stopped at a rest stop and the light came on when we started the engine after about*****
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: we don't know what's wrong with it the oil and transmission fluid are good and it is not overheating
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: yes can we keep driving
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Many Chrysler models with a digital odometer can run a self-diagnostic. Let's give it a try....

Get in the vehicle, and close all the doors. Without starting the engine, cycle the ignition ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON within 5 seconds. Where the odometer is should now be displayed "p-codes" (ie. P0123) - Can I have these codes?

Make sure to end in the ON position, and do it quickly- within 5 seconds.

If you don't get it on the first try, cycle the ignition OFF. Wait 10 seconds. Try again. On your first try, it can be tricky!