Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

I have a beeping sound whenever i apply the brakes, the

Customer Question

hi, i have a beeping sound whenever i apply the brakes
JA: Oh No! Brake problems are the worst. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the brakes are fine and stop the car, but the same warning sound for when your seatbelt is off is sounding. it does not do it every time i stop, but it is a majority of the time
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: okay, can you help at all?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope so.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: the car is fine apart from that. i ran the self diagnostic and there were no error codes
JA: Our top Chrysler Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chrysler Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chrysler Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. tell me what is the year and model of the Chrysler?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is a voyager 1997
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry i only just got this response
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hmmm, must be a lag in the system. Ok, well when you hear the chime/beep, do you happen to see if the door ajar light comes on briefly? I have seen something like this before and it was one of the door ajar switches on one of the sliding doors causing this problem. Adjusting the switch or replacing it took care of the problem.Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No doors are open at all. Its now even doing it when its stationary and in park :/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but not all the time
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

I realize that no doors are open, but one of the door switches may be acting up. Do you ever see any warning ligts on the dash flicker or come on when this happens?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nope. nothing at all lights up. thats why im confused.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it does not do it before i drive off after i have left it for a few hours
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Ok, let me think about this and get back to you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
okay, ive got to get the kiddies from school. so i wont be here for about an hour but i shall leave the chat box open :D
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Sounds good!

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Ok, the chime/beep will sound for various reasons like 1 a door ajar switch senses that a door is open, 2 a check engine light comrs on, 3 the key is left in the ignition and a door is opened, 4 the seatbelt is not fastened, or 5 if any other warning light on the instrument cluster comes on to alert you of a problem like high engine temp or low oil pressure. Do this: ask a garage or dealer you trust to do a basic fluid level check ( oil, coolant, brake fluid. etc.). If any are low, then top them up. If all is ok, then ask the garage to check the door ajar switches and seat belt buckle switch. If all good, then the BCM (Body computer Module) may be acting up. The BCM is responsible for the chime/beep system and may be randomly setting of the chime. If so, then it may need to be replaced.

Hopefully these things I have mentioned will assist a technician and help him/her find the cause.