Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Replace battery an had alternator checked out which is ok

Customer Question

replace battery an had alternator checked out which is ok but lights dim while driving
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you notice them dimming more when a load is put on the electronics like the heater/ac fan running,wipers on etc.?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when I'm driving the lights on the dash Flickr the battery light comes on the headlights DIm when I'm driving
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,since the battery and alternator were tested and all test fine with what you have described here this does sound like a power loss issue occuring.This can be due to loose,damaged or corroded battery cables at the battery or leading to the battery or fuse panels.I would trace and inspect the cables for any connection issues needing repaired as well as any cable damage that would need to be replaced.This will cause this fault here and is most common when the battery and alternator are both o.k.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete