sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2005 3.5l v6. When the engine is revved up the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 3.5l v6. When the engine is revved up the upper radiator hose collapses and coolant is pushed into the overflow resevoir. The thermostat, upper radiator hose, and cap have been replaced, but the issue persists.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced the upper radiator hose, thermostat, and radiator cap.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: 83,000 miles
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If coolant is pushing out of the system without overheating it's usually due to a combustion leak.

I question the thermostat though, even if the thermostat was stuck closed there is still flow through the bypass and thermostat jiggle pin. Did the problem start after the thermostat was replaced, or was the thermostat replaced in an attempt to repair this issue?

Did the problem start after any repairs, an accident, etc?