Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.

Does a light come on when transmission fluid is low? Are you

Customer Question

Does a light come on when transmission fluid is low? Are you suppose to check it at certain mileage?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Lou P replied 7 months ago.

Hello, there is no light for the transmission fluid . this is a Mercedes setup and the way we are taught is if there is no leak then there is no reason to check the fluid level. BUT if you wanted to check the level you need to have the trans at 80 deg Celsius an also need a Mercedes Benz dipstick that can be bought on eBay fairly cheap. search for 722.6 transmission dipstick tool . hope this helps. Lou P.

Expert:  Lou P replied 7 months ago.

Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.