Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

I have a Chrysler pt cruiser and my mechanic says that on s

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler pt cruiser and my mechanic says that on his tester it has a mode 6 that fails sometimes when he does the test but it does not say what mode 6 is and I would like to find out for him because it might be what causes my engine light to come on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no I have a mechanic
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no I just need to know what mode 6 is
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Mode 6 on his scan tool looks at Test results for continuously
non continuously monitored systems like cylinder misfire and there count. This mode will not cause the check engine light to come on. The check engine light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens it will set and store a fault code and or codes. If you can tell what the fault code and or codes your getting along with the year and model of your PT I will see if I can help you with this here.