sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have a 02 Chrysler Voyager when i brought the van the gas

Customer Question

Hi I have a 02 Chrysler Voyager when i brought the van the gas back light wasnt working than in a few month it started working for a day or so than all the back light for the whole panel stopped what could it be
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: well I saw you could dissconnect the battery for a minute wel three days ago i brought a new one to put in and so it was dissconnect for about 5 mins so still no light
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Chrysler Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chrysler Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chrysler Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It will take some electrical testing to determine what you have going on but if all lights were essentially lost at once then you have most likely either lost ground or the problem is in the lamp housing itself. All connection between the bulbs and the electrical connector are accomplished through a circuit board in the lamp housing and there may be an open circuit on the board.

The first thing that will need to be done is check the bulbs and their socket connections. If no problems are found then a test light will need to be used to test the power and ground feeds to the lamp housing and if ok then the housing will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had a wire in two but thanks so much

I'm glad you got it repaired!