Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

My traction light is on. I was told to get an alignment done

Customer Question

My traction light is on. I was told to get an alignment done because I had to replace my rack and pinion but that didn't help and the light is still on and when I turn right my car jerks
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The traction light is on and when I have to make a right turn it jerks and I have to ease of the fas
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No but the man who put my rack and pinion on said I need an alignment but that didn't helo
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No that's it just want whatever is wrong fixed so the light will go off
JA: Our top Chrysler Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chrysler Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chrysler Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 7 months ago.

has it been scanned for trouble codes? year and model?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2008 Pacifica, yea the mechanic who fixed it said I need to get a front wheel alignment but that didn't work

but did he scan it? a scan tool will never show a bad alignment

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He hooked it up to a machine and read off some stuff but he told because the new rack and pinion was put on I need to get it alignment, but clearly that did help and it didn't start this until he replaced the rack and pinion

so the traction light came on after the alignment?