sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I can't select any gear, the clutch feels ok but the grear

Customer Question

Hi , i can't select any gear , the clutch feels ok but the grear stick is floppy
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My clutch is ok , just select any gears , there no tention when move the grear stick
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If its something simple
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No thats all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the shifter is moving freely with no resistance then you have a cable issue. There are two cables that go from the shifter to the transmission and there are bushings at either end that connect the cables. It's possible that the cables broke but it's more likely that you have a worn or broken bushing and it has allowed the cables to come off either at the shifter or the transmission.