Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

1996 Chrysler Town & Country with factory securty alarm and

Customer Question

1996 Chrysler Town & Country with factory securty alarm and remote key fob. Without touching key fob, After entering auto, the Alarm goes off. Putting the key into switch momentarily turn alarm off, but then the system shuts down engine and lights flash. I can stand outside the auto and the system will go off without doing anything.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes My name is Richard
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked key fob batteries, both were above 3 volts. Havent had time to really get into probles as it was a last minute affair just prior to doctor's appointment.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Not that I know of at this time, other than we have heavy pollen that put me in ER and this problem popped up.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I DO NOT want to take advantage of the monthly plans, just this one-time problem for the $25.00 I have deposited.
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,

Do you still need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
NO, I REPLACED the Key FOB and seems to have been the Original 20 year old had started to die. I haven't found your Response. Any chance of a REFUND?
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 8 months ago.

That's pretty much what I suspected the problem to be. I put you in for a refund with customer service.