Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

The pre-owned 2014 Chrylser town and country we recently

Customer Question

The pre-owned 2014 Chrylser town and country we recently purchased has an airbag light that comes on intermittently. We have since learned that this was a problem prior to the sale and within the past year the entire airbag system had been replaced. When it came on for us a couple of months ago, just after purchase, the passenger seat belt system was replaced and the light went off. Three months later it is back on. We have worked on the grounds and connectors--checking and greasing. We checked the fuses and loose connections with the fuse box. We had an electrical diagnostic done without any error codes. We unhooked the battery to reset the system. The light is still on. What else can we do to repair this problem?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 7 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

if the light is on, there is a code. did the place that checked the system have a real scan tool that can access the air bag system???

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The scanner was not able to access the airbag system. It was at the parts store and their tester was not as sophisticated as some.

ok,in order to help, we need the code number to narrow the area of failure.

call other parts stores and see if any can read air bag codes. around my area, advanced auto can read them

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just called our advanced auto parts store who told me that if the airbag light is on there will not be a specific code and it simply needs to be taken back to the dealer for service.

no, they are not correct. thats why they sell parts and do not fix cars.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They told me that they cannot give me a code, so it does not seem to be worthwhile to drive there--it is not in my town. We will explore other options if you cannot help. Thank you.

try a repair shop that has a scan tool. they should be able to pull the code for you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks but the one we trust and always go to also said they do not have that advanced of a tool. They suggested going on line as we did today to get ideas from experts in this area like you. I guess we will have to go back to a dealer.

there are about 40-50 possible codes in the system.looking on line is useless. thats why we need that code number

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I am able to get a code, I will let you know.

ok, let me know