Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2006 Chrysler pacifica, navigation dvd not recognized

Customer Question

2006 Chrysler pacifica, navigation dvd not recognized (please insert a valid disc). I tried buying 2 dvd from ebay, but still not detecting navigation system failures.No lights on radio player but FM radio still plays.
Submitted: 11 months ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When you tried 2 different nav discs were they the correct part number?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does 2006 Chrysler have a unique part number for Navigation DVD discs. in my case what I bought form ebay were having different part numbers. I am not able to find the same part number specified in my disc
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Yes,you will probably want to contact the dealers parts department for your model here and they can tell you the part number disc you need.I have seen this several times before where the incorrect part number disc is used and will cause the issue you see here.Unfortunately my info is not showing me the part number needed for this.A dealers parts department can tell you over the phone at no charge.

If you find out you were using the correct part number disc then the fault is in the navigation drive unit itself.I have seen it fail before in the past needing replaced to correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, Regarding the 2nd query could you shed some light. No lights on radio player but FM radio still plays.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Check and make sure all fuses are good.If all fuses are good with the FM radio still playing this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the radio itself needing either removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced.This can be a common issue unfortunately.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete