Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Gh pitch noise coming from the transmission 2010 town and

Customer Question

high pitch noise coming from the transmission 2010 town and country with 67,040 miles
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when u drive it on the high way , you hear that noise trans shift ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no , just wanted to make a decision to buy or not to buy
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. There are 2 sources of a high pitch noise from the transaxle on your van. 1 the transfer gears, and 2 the front pump/torque converter. Replacing the transfer gears is about a $500.00 job, and if it is the torque converter figure on around $1000.00 parts and labor. In order to determine which one it is, the van should be run in gear while up on a hoist. Then a mechanics stethoscope can be used to isolate the noise.

I hope this information helps and if so, please take a minute to rate my service. Note that if you have any follow up questions that I will continue to help you even after you rate.

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks Chris , that was helpful
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

You are very welcome! Please don't forget to rate my service!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Good morning! Just checking back to ask you if you would please take 30 seconds and rate my service sometime today. It appeared as though you were happy with my answer and I am glad. However you see I will get no credit for helping you unless you rate me positive using the rating system on the j a site. Note that I will continue to help you out even after you rate me if you need it.
Thank you!Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Good morning! Just checking back to see if you would please rate my service today. Thank you!Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello?? Where did you go?

Chris