Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I have a 92 Grand Voyager, 3.3 engine and it has started

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a 92 Grand Voyager, 3.3 engine and it has started stumbling and cutting off while driving. It will not restart until it cools down some. Sounds like a fuel issue but I don't believe it sthe fuel pump. Coul sit be the Map Sensor?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Always (-:
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: It sat for 10 years without running. I put it back on the road in December and it was running fine. This has just started happening.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.

There are 3 common causes for this. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine warms up. Do this: try to get your van to an auto parts store like AutoZone and ask them to connect their OBD 1 scan tool (not OBD 2) to your vehicle and check for any trouble codes. If there is a code for "loss of crank sensor signal or cam shaft sensor signal" then have the appropriate sensor replaced. If there are no codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced. Most auto parts stores will connect their scan tool for no charge to you. I don't think it is a map sensor.

Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Oh and please take a minute to rate my service if you get a chance.

Chris