Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

The emergency brake leaver rear passenger tire, The leaver

Customer Question

The emergency brake leaver for the rear passenger tire
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The leaver feel of and I can't get it to twist back onto the cable wire that goes behind the brake shoes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any damage on the emergency brake cable,lever and any other components to see if there is a fault that needs repaired or replaced with any other brake component to correct this here.If this has already been done and all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No damages to any parts but the leaver won't stay in place
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you suppose to pull the spring back to set the leaver on top of the cable
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Can you tell me the year and model of this vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1998 Chrysler Town and Country LXI 3.8
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately my info isnt showing how this is installed.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Clayso replied 8 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

The link below is the service procedure for the parking brake shoes.

Parking Brake Shoe Service & Repair

The lever is held in place by the cable and the shoes inside of the hub.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.