Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica 4.0 ltr. and the car will

Customer Question

Hello ,
I have a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica 4.0 ltr. and the car will not shift out of second gear. Speedometer works fine , when I disconnected and reconnect the battery it works for a few minutes then the problem starts again. Codes read P0729, 0732, 0735 and P0792
Thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Code P0729 indicates a fault with the gear ration error in 6th gear.

Code P0732 indicates a fault in gear ratio error in 2nd gear.

Code P0735 indicates a fault in gear ratio error in 5th gear

Code P0792 indicates a compounder speed ratio error.

These codes all set with an internal mechanical issue in the transmission itself with worn or damaged clutches or other components inside the automatic transmission.There is no definite pinpoint component to these codes here as these are general internal mechanical faults.

What has to be done from here is to have the transmission tested with the correct test equipment and inspected for any worn or damaged components and once this is done the components are replaced.In most all cases the transmission has to be removed and taken apart for internal inspection then repaired.In a worse case scenario the transmission would need replaced.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery resets the computer readings that picked up the faults and allows proper operation until the mechanical fault slips or occurs again then the transmission goes into a fail safe mode and repeats the process here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete