sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Car battery good all the way to fuse box. When starter

Customer Question

Car battery good all the way to fuse box. When starter engages it turns the belt 2 to 3 mm
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The starter is engaging even when key is turNed battery over 12v
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Have to, brothers car. 300 hemi
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem may be the starter itself, a poor engine ground or positive feed to the starter, the starter solenoid may be only receiving power briefly so it doesn't stay engaged, or there may be a mechanical engine issue preventing it from turning.

Have you tried turning the engine by hand using a socket on the crank damper bolt?