Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I bought a 2007 pt cruiser about month an half ago(I have

Customer Question

Hi I bought a 2007 pt cruiser about month an half ago(I have title) last Saturday was going to pick up son and the car just stopped won't start just stopped so tow back to our home and husband starts looking an there is a spliced open protective tubing an exposed wires with wires being ran to a relay then my starter and there is a gps box blinking by fuses/pedals...called the car lot on box the rude after a week now got guy I bought from called them all last week too today after I rented a car for week to go work they called him said they send someone out to take it off that they not saying we did it but "somehow" gps was powered down an up an that might have done it. So once they come cause haven't yet an they did fry starter or exposed wires burnt ...cause we can't touch it until their stuff is off... They say "in therory" it should just start ..what if it doesn't would it be starter or something else what's your best guess please
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If it doesnt start after they remove their components or before hand in some cases this can be the starter itself but usually a starter failure wont cause the car to stop like this here.You may have an issue with an ignition switch fault needing replaced or a relay at fault.This would have to be tested further to locate which is the cause here and from there repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The car lot told the guy that bought at auction from them that it shows that the GPs was powered down then back up ... We had to put new battery in it could that of caused this and wish husband here he could tell you he put his Obd reader in an he knows terms sorry well we can keep this convo open until he gets home from work
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

If you put a new battery in it this can cause this fault to set here.If you can get me more info on this when you can this will help.Post here at any time when your ready.

Thanks Pete