sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2005 Chrysler sebring convertible 4cyl. The engine

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2005 Chrysler sebring convertible 4cyl. The engine turns over but is slow to start. When it does start, it runs fine for a while jerks and dies out during driving. It had codes p0129, p0340 and p0335. I changed the crank sensor and cam sensor. Now only the p0335 code remains but still slow to start and dies out wile driving. Also its getting fuel and spark. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0335 is for an intermittent signal from the crank sensor and is most likely related to the starting and dying issues. This can be set by the sensor itself, it's wiring or connections. A damaged tone wheel on the crankshaft is possible but not likely

You may still have an issue with the sensor itself. Where did the replacement come from?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The sensor is a Duralast brand from AutoZone.

Continued issues with the sensor would be expected then. The crank sensor will need to be replaced with a Mopar part, if you installed an aftermarket cam sensor it will also need to be replaced with Mopar.