sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

08 Chrysler 300 turn key lights,radio and dash working ..

Customer Question

08 Chrysler 300 turn key lights,radio and dash working .. not starting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Car not starting all other functions working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that will prevent the engine from starting. I'm assuming that the starter does not engage.

The problem could be the starter itself, the ignition switch or switch actuator, it could be transmission range sensor related, the powertrain control module may not be awake due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground, the problem could be with the battery or cables/connections.

Do you hear any noise from the engine compartment when turning the key to the crank position?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do here what sounds like a fan.. I am seeing a warning light of engine and a red lightning bolt goes away after about 15 secs. Not sure if that has anything to do with no crank no start. Was working fine day before no signs of any kind that there was a problem.. headlines are brute, all functions in car work.. turn key gets no crank ..

Is it the cooling fan you're hearing running? The cooling fan may run on it's own if the powertrain control module isn't awake, which will also cause a no crank situation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What exactly is the powertrain module? Computer parts?

The powertrain control module is the module that controls all engine functions.