rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Vening Pearl, I have a Crossfire 2005 and it will not start.

Customer Question

Good evevening Pearl
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a Crossfire 2005 and it will not start. When I turn the ignition switch to start it, nothing happens but I have a good battery and all the dash lights are one and the radio works. I had this problem last week but after waiting a bit, I was able to start it. Also, I get a service wrench sign icon on the dash odometer display with also a code of "-2" and "-3" displaying.
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora. Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have made sure the battery is fully charged, cleaned the post and cable, I was also told to check and replace the fuel pump relay but I cannot locate it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: It has been parked not being used for over 6 months.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $11 after the Chrysler Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

You are going to at least have to get the codes read to see where you need to start, BUT, it would be to your best interest to have a complete scan done.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a code reader and can get you the code number.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Good, let me know, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will so far so good and if you send me in the right direction, you will get a perfect rating from me. Thanks
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Thanks, Ron