Derek Werner
Derek Werner, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist
61695331

2004 chry pacifica 3.5 missfire cyls 246 only, po300

Customer Question

2004 chry pacifica 3.5 missfire cyls 246 only
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: po300 andpo420 also
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 9 months ago.

Hello and Welcome!

Misfire codes on cylinders 2,4,and 6 indicate a timing problem. Due to the misfire codes only being set on bank 2, bank 2 is the left bank.

P0300 is a random misfire code.

P0420 catalytic converter efficiency low. This code should be diagnosed after the misfire is fixed. Misfires can set a false po420 code to set.

For your next step i would recommend performing a compression check on the engine to confirm that the timing is off. bank 2 compression readings cylinders 2,4,and 6 will be low compared to bank 1 cylinders 1,3,5

Or you can remove the front timing cover and verify the timing marks are correct.