sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My Name is ***** *****. I just bought a 2008 Chrysler Town &

Customer Question

My Name is ***** *****. I just bought a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country and have an issue with all of a sudden the dash lights flashing, meters bouncing, brake light, abs light, dinging noise, trip computer disappearing. I have taken to the dealer 3 times and they can't get it to replicate and don't know what to do. I gave them a video and they still can't find the issue.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: All dash warning lights blinking with dinging bell. No reason why it happens. Sometimes when setting idle, some when on interstate going 80. The oil, battery, brake, ABS, TSP/BAS, the RPM and meter pins drop and rise quickly, the trip computer on the left side of the dash disappears, and sometime the whole console where the navigation will completely shut down, lights go out and then comes back up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have a bus communication issue. If the instrument cluster isn't able to communicate with the respective modules then the warning lights will come on and gauges will drop out. If the radio is turning off though that may indicate a loss of power on multiple circuits at the same time, which could be a failed TIPM.

Do the lights and wipers come on by themselves when this happens?