Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 2007 Aspen 4.7 idles rough, runs rough and under heavy

Customer Question

my 2007 Aspen 4.7 idles rough, runs rough and under heavy load the check engine light starts blinking, the check engine light is on while running, and the odometer states it is a gas cap, which has been replaced with no change?
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hopefully, I am retired and on a fixed income
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check engine light like this here blinking indicates that there is an engine misfire.The light is designed to blink controlled by the computer when a misfire is present.This causes the rough idle as well as the rough running.This can be caused by a faulty ignition coil or fuel injector needing replaced.This will need to be tested further to locate which component is the cause here and then from there repaired.This will require a spark tested,scan tool to check codes and misfire data and testing injectors.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete