sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I am ***** *****. I have a 2014 Chrysler Town and Country.

Customer Question

I am ***** *****. I have a 2014 Chrysler Town and Country. All 4 of my seats Stow and Go quite easily, normally. Until yesterday. I had all 4 seats stowed and had moved a lot of house hold items, furniture and my dad;s eccentric wheelchair in the past 8 weeks. When my husband and sons lifted the wheelchair into the van, they pushed it in across the floor instead of turning it on and gliding it electronically. The panels came almost off and they eventually pushed them back into place. Last night I was trying to put the seats up so my son and his spring break friends could ride in the back. My daughter, sons, their friends,and even my husband this morning, have all tried pulling the black strap which usually plus the seat easily out of the floor but to no avail. We even lifted it a little and tried getting our hands underneath and pulling but both back seats are really stuck. What do I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My husband tried standing on the floor/folded seat, to see if maybe the seat had come unhinged and was stuck, trying to make the folded seat click back together so the entire seat would come out of the floor, folded up, but that didn't work either
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There may be damage to the seat mechanisms preventing them from coming up; you may end up needing to see your dealer and allow them to diagnose and repair the issue. I'm assuming you're still under warranty so as long as whatever is wrong couldn't be deemed abuse then the repair would be covered under warranty.

You mentioned panels coming loose. Is it possible that they didn't get back in place correctly, broken pieces of the panels or other foreign objects fell down into the seat mechanisms? Have you removed the panels to inspect?