Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

2005 300c trunk release will not activate have new latch.

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: release button and remote key not wroking
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new latch
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

what's your skill level can you use a test lamp and DVOM properly and follow a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
none
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

with no skills or tools it will be very difficult to fix it yourself, you very likely have a wiring issue with the trunk wiring, you can inspect it around the flex point near the hinge

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is there a solenoid in system or wiring the issue ?
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

the solenoid is in the latch and NOT serviced except with the latch, the switch sends a signal to the instrument cluster, which then sends a command (battery voltage) to the latch without a test lamp and digital volt meter (both very inexpensive tools) (and the skills to use them) to see if there is power and ground at the solenoid all I can say is open the wiring in the trunk and look for breaks