rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2007 Chrysler 3.5 300 touring. Over last year have had

Customer Question

2007 Chrysler 3.5 300 touring. Over last year have had whining noise from motor took to 2 mechanics (dealer) one reprogram vehicle no help the other replace runner valve in plenum no help. I just replaced the whole plenum with both runner valves and air flow and plugs. Now it will not shift right and and bad whine . Idle seems to be much better .
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

We need to begin with bidirectional tests of the computer system and the TCM for the trans computer. Whines are usually caused from a bearing starting to go bad, can't hear it over the computer, so that would be a tough one.

Thanks, Ron