sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 Sebring and the top is

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2008 Sebring and the top is stuck. The rear deck will not close and the top will npt lay
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Top will not latch closed. When I try to retract the top nothing happens....just a motor noise coming from the rear fender well.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you hear a noise from the trunk when the top button is pressed you're most likely hearing the pump. If the pump is still running then you either have a mechanical issue preventing the top from moving, the pump has failed or there is a hydraulic fluid leak.

How close is the top from touching the header?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The top is about 2 inches from closing.I thought the whole system was electrical. If there is a leak, how can I tell?

You would start by checking the fluid level. Are you able to get the trunk lid open?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The rear deck lid is stuck in the oipen position.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pictures

I was wondering if you could open it from the rear but you have plenty of access with it being open that far. The noise you hear when pressing the top button is coming from the left rear of the inside of the trunk, correct?