Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

How do i reset a steering wheel angle sensor alarm on a

Customer Question

How do i reset a steering wheel angle sensor alarm on a chrysler 2007 300 touring
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

what code are you getting?

there is NO steering angle sensor alarm, if the steering angle sensor has set a code it USUALLY must be replaced depending on what code is being set

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
C121a I disconnected my battery and got this alarm
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

initialization of the steering angle sensor is done with a scan tool,what type of scan tool are you using?

is this the ONLY code setting?

and what was the battery disconnected for, did you do any work on the steering system or steering wheel?

this code is not commonly set with JUST a battery disconnect

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was doing 2 things...I was changing my coolant thermostat sensor...and also cleaning my throttle body. That was the only code setting.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not have a scan tool...I used one for free at O'Reilly
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

that is a problem then, but without a scan tool the FIRST thing to try is turn the steering wheel from center to lock to lock then back to center WHILE the car is RUNNING and see if the code goes away, if it DOES NOT then a dealer level (not necessarily a dealer but a shop that has a high end scan tool) will need to perform an ABS initialization, if the code will not go away then the steering angle sensor will need to be replaced