Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a2004 pt cruiser inst cluster is inop has codes

Customer Question

Hi I have a2004 pt cruiser inst cluster is inop has codes u0155,110 ect I've heard it could the bcm,Pcm or the cluster I'm not a parts swapper I like to fix the problem at hand as all techs do I got out of the auto repair biz in 2002 I'm juba lost on the newer stuff any help would be nice thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I have a scanner also
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Clearing codes the prob went away then came back I also checked elect connections at ign switch and fuse panels and PCM
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: Yes this same issue started abt ten months ago but went away and the car only has abt 80 k on the mileage no major problems
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $11 after the Chrysler Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

is the u0155 code the only code you get?

does the car run well is the cluster the only problem?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The other code is u110 other than the cluster the car is fine

ok,,stand by

did you check all fuses?

im not showing a code U0110 for your pt

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
in side and out with a power probe tool

great..

give me the 2nd code again

are you there?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok u110c sorry had to hook scanner up
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry

ok

from the codes that you get and from the way you explain,,i would think your problem is the cluster,,these are known to go bad from time to time,,sometimes you can slap the dash to jar the cluster and it may work for a while,,but it will need to be replaced.

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6mbqq8777r8tsr/0304-pt-U0155.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/u6mbqq8777r8tsr/0304-pt-U0155.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Now that u said that my wife says that the radio quits and she hits the bottom or the steering wheel and it comes back on

yes,,replace the cluster,,i think that will fix you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok with your ansewer it makes sense I'll order a cluster thanks a buch Tim .

you are very welcome

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Really great with the help,would use again if needed.A+
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 8 months ago.

you are very welcome

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.