Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I replaced my water pump on my 300c and when I started my

Customer Question

I replaced my water pump on my 300c and when I started my engine and let it run my oil ran out
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you please explain what you mean when you say your oil ran out. Are you saying you now have a leak since replacing the water pump and if so where dose the leak appear to be coming from. Post back when you can with as many details as you can and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I replaced the water pump and started the car and as it ran it started to run hot so I shut it off and when look underneath the car I noticed that oil was pouring out from the rear top portion of the engine, but it seemed to do it when I shut the engine off.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Are you able to see what is leaking and where the oil is coming from?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All can see right now is drivers side Top rear portion of engine
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

That may be the intake gasket leaking but your going to need to clean it off and have a closer look to try and pinpoint it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what could have caused this, it wasn't happening before I replaced the pump.no
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately with out being able to see where the oil is coming from its would be very hard to say. At this point I can not tell you as I have never had this type of problem replacing the water pump. If you would like me to open the post back up for you to see if perhaps someone else has I can do that for you. Let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please dol
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Doing so now.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks