Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Level 3 Technician, Chrysler Training Instructor
20300296

I have a 2002 voyager base 6 cyl minivan, the rear liftgate

Customer Question

I have a 2002 voyager base 6 cyl minivan, the rear liftgate switch has stopped working, it is the pad style instead of the lever handle, I have power locks but do not have power doors. I have to use the key lock and then manually lift the door with the key in the door, would this be the lock actuator or the actual pad switch to unlatch the door
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I am, I know my van is deceptive with fixes, I just don't want to buy the wrong part and go through the hassle of returning.....
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet, the door latch did go through a period of time where it would unlatch by itself
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: getting information before taking off the trim panels or fighting with nuts and bolts...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tom replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll help with your Voyager hatch.

It is most likely the switch pad that is the problem with your van. They can get water into them over time which can cause them to short out. The switch is a multiplex resistor and the corrosion makes its reistance value to high so the connection is not made anymore.

They are available at most parts stores now. They are about $40. Mopar Part number:(###) ###-####D