Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I ***** ***** and I have a 99 chrysler cirrus and I have no

Customer Question

I ***** ***** and I have a 99 chrysler cirrus and I have no spark I don't have voltage at the ASD plug on the distributor the ASD relay is not pulling in I have power going to the relay. I changed out relay with one I how is good. what next
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car ran the other day. my son started it , and when he started moving the car just shut down. I have a new distributor in case that might be the problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

ok did you pull any codes yet?

for this car you WILL need a code reader to get them the old key cycle method will not pull the codes properly

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a very good code reader , No Codes at all.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I opened the relay up,and I can push the contact with my finger and I show power going to the ASD feed on the distributor until I release it .
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

is the computer responding?

if the ASD relay is not being engaged there MUST be a code, the computer monitors the ASD circuit continually

did you check ALL the relay circuits ?

remember there are 2 circuits in ALL relays 1 for the coil and 1 for the load.

Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

is there a check engine light illuminated at key ON on the dash?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No the check engine light is not on.
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

it does NOT illuminate at all when you cycle the key on?

if not the computer is down and you need to see if it has power and ground

if you send the vin I can get the diagrams for the power circuits

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1C3EJ56HXXN563765 VIN
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

ok here's a link to a word document with the computer pinouts and diagrams step 1 is check the listed fuses, the PDC is the UNDERHOOD FUSE BOX and the JB (or junction block) is the INTRIOR FUSE BOX

if he indicated fuses are good use a GOOD old fashioned test lamp and test for power and ground at the computer, you MUST have a good bright light and be within a tenth of the battery's voltage for the computer to work properly

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You didn't send me the link for the word document. What voltage am I looking for 12 volt 13 volt
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

it sent in another reply

Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

well since a car battery fully charged is 12.5 volts and the only time it is over that is when the car is running it should be around 12 volts, measure the voltage at the battery then do your tests