Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

My oxygen sensor need replacing in my Chrysler Town and

Customer Question

My oxygen sensor need replacing in my Chrysler Town and Country Van 2005 the Man at Advance Auto hooked it up today and said for Me to go to Google and look up PO131 PO172 Po171 to see which one I needed for my Van
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My Van Here lately have acted like it want to cut off when I stop at a stop light ,and I can tell it wasn't getting full power while driving down the road
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

the O2 sensor is located in the rear exhaust manifold and is a 1 to 1 1/2 hour job to change as the location is very challenging to get to that O2 sensor

but in a nut shell you need to start by replacing that O2 sensor also called bank 1 sensor 1

i would change it and clear the codes and if those codes reset or it still has this low power and stall issue the engine needs to be checked for vacuum leaks and for low fuel pressure

1. Remove battery, refer to the Battery section for more information.
  2. Remove the battery tray, refer to the Battery section for more information.
  3. Disconnect the speed control vacuum harness from servo.
  4. Disconnect the electrical connector from servo.
  5. Remove the speed control servo and bracket and reposition

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?