Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have 2002 chrysler 300 3.5 l. i replace the remanufacture

Customer Question

hi i have 2002 chrysler 300 3.5 l. i replace the remanufacture trans shift solenoid. after that the vehicle can't move at all while i move the shift stick. it looks like not engage to the trans at all. please help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

from the way you explain,,it sounds as if you never got the manual valve connected to the shift linkage when you installed the valve body

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yc3itab1twhmdxu/0227-300-42LE.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/yc3itab1twhmdxu/0227-300-42LE.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I block the shift linkage as picture below. Did i do the right way?Oor did i do it wrong way. Because at this moment it's work right now. Can you please help me figure out my problem. Thanks a lot

3

when you turn the shift lever does it move the manual shift valve?..if so it is right

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes it when i turn the shift level , it moved the shift valve. thank a lot

ok..it should work,,,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

hi as you see the picture , we already did the right one . however it didn't work. do you think the problem is about the defect of the remanufacture part? i am going to change the old one back. thk

it is possible that the new one is bad,,

but,the problem here may be the transmission itself..

does it go into and out of park?does park wook,does it hold the car?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

hi in the dashboard all the gear selection appear, although i moved the shift to p, r , d or n. all gear selection appear. they dont pinpoint P Or d or r or n. the parking still hold the vehicle , the newtral can push the vehicle.the gear selection all light appear, please help

ok,.all you can do is try the other old solenoid,,but i am now thinking you may have internal transmission problem

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

hi today i tow my vehicle to trans shop and found out the problem. we pour not enough oil . i only pour 3 q and they continue pour 4 and half q. they say it happen on some of the certain chrysler. toyota honda or another model is ok

great,,glad you got it

thanks