gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

My name is ***** *****. I need to replace the carpet in the

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I need to replace the carpet in the cargo area of my 2014 Town and Country. I have the replacement carpet from the dealer. How do I get the 3rd row seat belt bolt off on each side? It has a black rubber cover over it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That doesn't help me. I need to get the rubber cover off. Can I do that without tearing it up? Does the bolt take a special wrench?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 9 months ago.

You just slide the rubber cover slightly up, and hold it there while you remove the bolt. It may fold, but hey, it's rubber. It doesn't crimp or anything. IIRC the bolt should be a 19mm bolt.