Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.
27644750

I have a 2007 PT Cruiser.I was using the car daily and had

Customer Question

I have a 2007 PT Cruiser.I was using the car daily and had no problems. I since have bought a new car and use my PT CRUISER sparingly. I recently went to start it and it was dead.I have a new battery and alternator but it tok 10 minutes charging for the car to start.I ran it and al was fine. I went out today and when I went to start it a red dot was flashing before I put the key in.I turned the key and it barely started. What does this red dot mean?Please help-Thank You.
JA: OK. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It depends what it is.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you upload a picture of the "red dot" ? also can you upload any pictures of your car door lock remotes if you have any?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will send these pictures to you, but I am working and won't be home until late tonight. Can I send the photos tomorrow?
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely. I will see each response. And I will always reply. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks have a good night.
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.

You as well

Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.

any luck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent a picture of the key on Saturday. If I don't lock the car the red dot does not stay on.How do I fix that?
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.

OH no picture came through, you may have a aftermarket alarm system. can you try to upload the remote photos?