sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** ***** the top is not open the trunk opens

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** the top is not open the trunk opens Windows go down the top won't go up into the trunk it says malfunction there is nothing in the trunk it was working two weeks ago it's a 2010 Sebring any ideals
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No that's it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already paid with pay pal and this seems to be a runaround can you help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happened to the guy I was talking with who said I had to pay
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're seeing a top malfunction message on the instrument cluster it's because the power top control module is seeing an issue and stopping the top to prevent damage to components.

The module watches a series of switches so it knows the state of all components during movement. Most likely what is happening is a switch is in the incorrect state for a given operation of top movement.

You may have a wiring issue, a bad microswitch, or there could be a mechanical failure that is preventing proper movement of a top component, the tonneau or trunk lid, and a switch isn't opening or closing as it should.

The first thing you'll want to do is a visual inspection of all components. If no visible problems are found then a scan tool will need to be used to see what fault codes are setting in the PTCM and then testing can be done based on that.